The Grange Tower Bridge 2016
The countdown starts here for the greatly anticipated 8th weekend get together event which will take place on Friday 27th May 2016 to Sunday 29th May at the Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, London. Save the date and look out for further updates on social media and on the ALD Life website about the ALD Life Community Weekend. You can book today and see the proposed agenda with an impressive line-up of speakers (see details below).
Bookings have now closed
Please make sure that you have sent any additional information and made any additional payments for discounted places before the event (details of packages, prices and terms a can be viewed here).
- To make a payment for any additional discounted places which are not included in any of the free packages – https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/ALDLife/Community-Weekend-Payment.html
- To make a voluntary contribution to the Weekend – https://app.etapestry.com/onlineforms/ALDLife/vol-cont-weekend2016.html
The itinerary outlines everything that will be happening over the Weekend including meals, activities for children and adults, formal presentations and the closing Q & A session. As spaces are limited, please make sure that you have booked your place at the Weekend (see booking form above) along with any of the activities listed before you attend the weekend. All attendees will be sent details about booking activities once their booking has been confirmed.
Expert ALD/AMN Speakers Timings
We are immensely proud to announce our agenda for the speakers as part of the formal part of the Community Weekend 2016 which involves experts on ALD/AMN covering a wide range of topics. As you can see we have some of the most eminent names in ALD and AMN who are leaders in their field from the UK, Europe and the US. Further details about entertainment and workshops will be sent in the new year, but we think you’ll agree this is going to be an event you will not want to miss!
- Range of eminent speakers from the UK, Europe and the US – Including Dr Robin Lachmann/Dr Elaine Murphy, Professor Colin Steward, BlueBird Bio, Janis Sherwood (Fight ALD), Dr Marc Engelen, Greg Benton/Patti Chapman (The Myelin Project), Anny Brown (Clinical Scientist), Alice Bessey/Jim Chilcott (School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield), Guys PGD Team, Dr Alistdair Parker, Dr Florian Eichler, Professor Patrick Aubourg and Dr Wolfgang Koehler.
- Sharing information – Various speakers/workshops will cover issues related to ALD and AMN such as BMT, new born screening, pregnancy options, managing Addison’s, neurological symptoms, equipment, exercise and managing symptoms.
- Professional’s round table – Scientists, researchers and medical professionals meet to discuss best practice for treatment pathways, new born screening ethics, plus research and treatment innovations.
- Fun! – Lots of activities for the children and adults to keep you occupied including our very own Awards Ceremony, an icebreaker quiz and Kim’s super-duper raffle/tombola. Due to popular demand, we are incredibly pleased to announce that the hotel does have a swimming pool, with a hoist, which we sincerely hope will be utilised!
Date/Time: Friday 27th May 2016 (evening) to Sunday 29th May (lunchtime)
Location: The Grange Tower Bridge Hotel, 45 Prescot Street, London, E1 8GP. Tel: +44 (0)20 7959 5000.