Volunteer Retail Assistants Needed
9th November 2016
As a volunteer Retail Assistant, you will play an important role in the smooth running of ALD Life’s charity shops in south east London and will help to sort donations, serve customers and deal with enquiries.
Who can volunteer at ALD Life?
Anyone aged 14 or above, who is looking for a new challenge, can volunteer. You must have a desire to learn new skills, want to meet new people and be willing to work as a team. You do not need to have any experience or qualifications as we will train you.
What can ALD Life offer you?
We believe in supporting volunteers to fulfil their potential and will help you to learn and develop through continuous hands-on training. We will also enable you to:
- Acquire transferable skills such as customer services and team-working.
- Improve your numeracy and literacy skills.
- Develop interpersonal and communications skills so that you can grow in confidence.
- Enter a new environment where you can meet new people and make friends.
ALD Life will also pay travel and lunch expenses (your ALD Life retail manager will give you the details).
What will you be doing?
You will support shop staff to meet ALD Life’s daily retail target by:
- Using the till to serve customers and by answering queries.
- Preparing and sorting donations for sale – this includes washing bric-a-brac, steaming clothes and carrying out quality control checks on donations.
- Displaying/restocking items for sale and ensuring that the shop window displays are regularly updated.
How to apply
Please send a CV detailing your experience, contact details and two references and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries about volunteering, please telephone 020 7701 2628.